We strongly recommend taking a workshop or buying Annie’s Quick & Easy Paint Transformations book to learn the full scope of what this paint can do!
- Turn the can upside down 1-2 hours before painting to mix in all the “good stuff” that settles to the bottom.
- Dust off your piece (or don’t!) and remove any loose or chippy stuff.
- Give paint a little stir & then pour some into a separate container to get started vs. painting straight from the can.
- Lay your first coat on a little thicker than your second coat. (Simply add a little water to thin the paint for second coat.)
- Once second coat is dry it’s time to apply the clear wax – start with a little on a knit cloth (think old t-shirt) and rub in a circular motion. Think of it as lotion – only so much can be absorbed, so you’ll have to wipe off any excess. You want the finish to be smooth, not tacky, sealed, not greasy.
- After applying clear wax you may either apply dark wax (sparingly!) or distress your piece.
- After distressing, apply clear wax again over distressed areas to be sure they are sealed.
- Wait 24 hours and buff wax to the desired sheen you’re looking for.
- Step back and admire your work!