September 7, 8 & 9, 2017
At our Independence Occasional Shop
Are you interested in becoming a Artisan Market vendor?
With over 4000 visitors and 40+ vendors during the 2016 show, we are looking forward to another big year in 2017.
Merchandise must meet at least one of the following criteria:
– Be handcrafted by you
– Be vintage (40+ years of age)
– Be upcycled/repurposed (you’ve done something to it)
Here are some common questions:
- How is the event promoted?
- The event is an annual show for many customers, but we also use our 10,000 followers on Facebook and almost 5000 newsletter recipients to spread the word. Plus, we advertise at our 4 locations for months leading up to the event.
- What are the fees?
- $200 if you have your own white 10×10 tent (must be white and no larger than 10×10)
- $300 if you would be in the main large tent (our choice of placement)
- $40 for power as available
- Other details:
- Each vendor will need to handle sales transactions using their own methods (square, checks, etc)
- Power availability is typically not an issue, but will be 1st come, 1st serve
- Food is available all days of the shows
- WIFI access is not guaranteed
- If you are a food vendor of pre-packaged items, you need to have all appropriate state health licenses (the Department of Health does make an appearance most years!)
- The event will be held regardless of weather
- Set up is on Tuesday starting after 2pm till Wednesday at 8pm. Vendors will not be able to pull directly up to their space like previous years (trying to reduced the mud pit from 2015!)
- Tear down is immediately after show at 5pm on Saturday or anytime on Sunday
- Mama’s Happy is not responsible for security of merchandise during or after the show.
- Limited parking for trailers and vendor vehicles may be available, but not guaranteed
- How do I apply?
- The Artisan Market is a juried event with the goal to have the entire show feel cohesive and logical and live up to our customer’s expectations. To insure everyone’s success, we will have a limited number of vendors per category (jewelry, signs, furniture, clothing, etc). You can submit an on-line application below. If your application is accepted, you will receive an email (typically in early spring) with the details, contract, rules and regulations.